Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I LOVE THIS DESK !

A few years ago when I first started putting designer fabric directly on the wood frames of case good furniture, I was the only one doing it.  Now the look has caught on and other artisans are doing the same.  I wish I could say that this desk was created by me, but it's not; I love it just the same.  Gorgeous!!!  This is so typical of the desks that we did when I worked at Karl Springer's, only then it would have been covered in leather.  This is covered in a gorgeous designer fabric. The fabric has so much texture, that's what I love about it; it would appear to not have a finish on it, not sure about that.

Hampton Designer Show house, interior design by Gil Walsh.  Photo by blogger Lynn Byrne of Decor Arts Now.  http://www.decorartsnow.com/2014/07/31/now-homage-mcmillens-betty-sherrill/


No comments:

Post a Comment